Monday, May 20, 2013

Cookies on a rainy day...

This long weekend has been awful. It's been cold and wet all weekend. I watched about two seasons of Gilmore Girls and ate a lot of junk food which was fine with me. I made some popcorn last night and ended up eating two hand fulls and forgetting about it. I didn't want to waste it so I decided to make cookies and put the popcorn in. I didn't have much cookie stuff kicking around so I made due with what was around. My moms boyfriend gave her a bunch of pecans and my auntie gave us some Kisses that I used instead of chocolate chip cookies which I didn't have.

Here is a recipe I found online that I kind of followed:

www.tasteofhome.com


  • 1/2 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • Pinch salt
  • 2 cups popped popcorn, lightly crushed
  • 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1/2 cup chopped pecans
  • In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in the popcorn, chocolate chips and pecans.
  • Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 13-14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.

I also had some other random chocolate kicking around so I melted it down and threw it on top. The chocolate ended up having caramel in the center so it didn't melt very nicely but it still tasted good!




-Marielle

No comments:

Post a Comment