Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Pasta Salad

I'm the kind of person who prefers to rummage around my fridge and cupboards for ingredients to make dinner rather than make a list and get everything for a specific recipe. Not that I'm apposed to that but it's not something I do often. So needless to say I'm a big fan of pasta salads in the summer. Here is a recipe for one I made last week. I'm not going to put measurements because to each their own but I'll just put "suggestions". If you decided to make this let me know how it went!

Pasta Salad
2 cups of grapes, halved 
1 roasted red pepper
1/2 cucumber, cut into 1/4 slices
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
2 Tablespoons of balsamic vinigar
3 cups of pasta, I used macaroni but you can use anything you'd like

Dressing
1 cup olive oil
1 cup rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
2 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
1 teaspoon fresh chives, chopped
2 Tablespoon cilantro, chopped
1 Tablespoon lime juice
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
Salt and pepper

Combined all pasta salad ingredients in large bowl. Mix dressing separately and then add to pasta salad. I like to put more vinegar than a regular because everything really soaks up the liquids and more vinegar gives it a good fresh, sharp taste. 

Everything can be changed to your own taste of course. ENJOY!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment